Political parties’ nominations are on the way with those of the ruling party Jubilee, scheduled to take place on the 21st of April this year.
In Laikipa County, the race is already hot and the dust has already gathered. On that day of 21st, people of Laikipia County will nominate that whom they think will deliver them from the current economic and social woes they are facing. In the race is one man Ndiritu Muriithi who wants to be the Governor of this expansive county come 8th of August 2017.
Got an opportunity to go through the seven key pledges made by Ndiritu Muriithi and I think he is the man to steer this great county. Here are some of the pledges:
- Creating a total of 30,000 jobs. The man plans to do this through supporting of Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- Kick hunger and medical harambees out of Laikipia, says the man. He says he will do this through providing farmers with necessary farm inputs as well as encouraging them to take up the newly commercialized crops such as managu.
- Putting a lot of emphasis on infrastructure and intends to do this through paving the use of cobblestones in a minimum of 15 major market centers.
- Improving the quality of life of all people in Laikipia as well as making sure that the more than 20 communities living in Laikipia do so in a harmonious way.
- Having a comprehensive approach to water supply in Laikipia County. He intends to so through the construction of three large dams, each with a capacity of 1.5 million cubic meters of water as well as maintaining the existing rivers so that they can benefit all the Laikipians.
Those are just some of the pledges being made by Ndiritu Muriithi. Given the current challenges the people of Laikipia are facing including drought, insecurity, and hunger, the county needs someone with a mission and a vision.